JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, February 27, 2014

38 finished...the 110 Faces of China Projrct

As mentioned in more detail in a previous post, this past Dec/Jan I have changed the direction of the 110 Faces of China Project due to two strokes and Parkinson's stage 3 diagnosis.  While healing is underway, I am working on two huge projects; the Empowering Children Today Children's Ministry materials, and completing the 110 Faces of China project.

I have hand drawn each of the faces on thin and flexible rice paper from photos that I have taken the past few years.  Then I have used Artline 70 black markers to create the silhouettes from the drawings.  I have 38 of these completed already.  And plan to have the remainder finished by the end of March.

A friend and I went to the art market in Guangzhou, to scope out canvas sizes, because I am not familiar with them here.  We have determined it will be best to order these online.  Each finished canvas will be 8" x 10" and will make the completed project approx. 10 ft across and 6 ft up and down when all put together.  I am still working out color, etc...

The canvases will have three different depths to add to the interest of the overall composition of the project.  I have created a small mark up in the photo to the left.  This helped me work out placement and overall design of the completed work as a whole.

Now it is time to work out the backgrounds.  Each silhouette will be either transferred or decoupaged into the background and then embellished.  I have not worked out the details for these yet.

My work tends to evolve as I go, so I have learned to flow with that.  Sign up to receive future posts as this project unfolds,  The estimated completion date is the first week of May.






No comments:

Post a Comment