JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, February 10, 2014

Chinese New Years and the Holiday Seasons Come to an End.

Chinese New Year's Holiday Comes to an End

Chinese New Year celebrations have come to an end.  It is a huge celebration here.  Everything (almost everything) shuts down, and the Chinese take an out with the old and an in with the new look at things.  Family and friends become a focus as they visit and fellowship with each other throughout the holiday season.

With the holiday vacation over, it is time to get back to work.  

Mark Hankins recently mentioned reading Ephesians for thirty days.  While I regularly pray Ephesians 1:17-19, I dawned on me that I have not studied the book in quite a while.  It is time for a refresher course.  

I tend to consolidate my different projects, and I love to share what I learn with others.  If it helps me, maybe it will also help others sort of philosophy. I will take a brief break from the Old Testament portion of the Empower Me! Curriculum and for thirty days will direct my attention to a few New Testament books in the curriculum, to include Ephesians.  Then, I will jump back to the Old Testament.  

I will also share on my various blogs what I am receiving from the Holy Spirit as I read daily the book of Ephesians.  Discovered Treasures will include deeper insights from my readings on a weekly basis.  Who Am I? DailyDevo will include brief insights that you can use in your daily walk.  Project Life will include insights from my own walk personally through the Book of Ephesians and how it impacts my own life.  

Twice a month as part of Everyday Gratitude (Check out my Project Life blog for details), I am going to write a letter (rather than a thank you card).  Don't worry, the Everyday Gratitude cards still go out everyday but these two days of the month.  These letters are designed for my grandchildren, but will be made available for anyone who would like one in my Etsy shop which will open soon.  (it will be a separate shop from the Ladybug Cards and More Shop where I sell reprints of the Everyday Gratitude cards  that I hand out).  The letters are titled, "Grandma Laolao's Tales from China".  Written and printed on traditional rice paper, watercolor artwork will fill the background of each letter.  The letters themselves will share with my grandchildren the many stories of my travels, who their Grandma Laolao (me) is, and tidbits about China, the people, and the culture.  Children love receiving actual snail mail, and it gives me a chance to share my life with my grandchildren from such a long distance.  Once the Etsy shop is open, you too can receive these letters, or give them as gifts, to anyone who loves to receive traditional mail, sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy the reading.  However, please keep in mind these will be reprints of the originals, printed on rice paper with quality inks.  

One last item on the schedule to be completed by the end of April is the "110 Faces of China" project.  This past year health problems have prevented my finishing this project as it was designed.  I have spent much time in prayer over this because, I know I am to finish the project.  With a few alterations in the style of the artwork, I believe I can finish this project by the end of April, and have it exhibition ready in May.  This project is important, because it shares with you and everyone the people whose lives have been changed because of the spread of the Gospel Message here in Asia.  In time, I hope to exhibit the original artwork (and the stories of these people) in churches and other venues around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment