JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 29 of 30: From Hen House to the Clouds





"...when meditating on this and the Amplified Translation really brings this out. God has a wonderful plan for your life.  Jeremiah 29:11 (AMP)11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.*

Photo credit:
http://www.wallsonline.org/soaring-eagle/
God will do super abundantly far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams], but they are used to further His plans for your life.  I still think that's a good deal, because His plans are far better than any plans I can have on my own.  I have tried my plans and I have submitted to His plans and there is no comparison to the outcome.  The difference is like night and day.
The story is told of this eaglet that, for some reason was born in a hen house or chicken coup.  As the eaglet grew into a full grown eagle, he would look up from pecking on the ground with the other chickens, and see the eagles flying and wish he could fly like that.  I wonder did he ever come to realize who he really was and fly.  Or did he settle for pecking on the ground like his chicken friends.
Don't settle like some of your friends, family and associates. Take the limits off  of God and soar through life."

*Today's except is take from ~ S.M.I.L.E. ~ Single Moms Inspired to Live with Excellence, "The Sky is the Limits," by Helen Holmes.
To read the full article go to The Sky is the Limits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment