JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Are you hungry, thirsty, for the things of God?

  
A young man in the church noticed his friend reading the Word every morning, praying before he eats his food, listening to audio recordings of the pastor’s messages.  He could see this friend coming up in his life, and wanted it.

This past week he asked the pastor,  “How do you get this?  Why am I not hungry for the things of God?  Why do I not have a passion for His Word, and a passion to spend time with God in prayer? Give me something real I can grab onto and hold.”  He continued, “I do not understand how to get this hunger and thirst. I realize that if you are hungry for God, you will be successful.” 

The pastor responded, “Do you believe this?” 

The young man replied, “Yes.  But I’m not.”   

“Ask God to give you hunger,” said the pastor, “Have you asked God to put a hunger inside of you?“ 

God tells us in Mat 7:8,  “For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” Ask for a passion, a hunger, a thirst for the things of God, and He will answer you with exactly what you asked of Him – the door will be opened to you because you knocked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment