JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, March 12, 2012

What do I do now?

   
 I am often asked questions like these:  "Why am I just getting by, pay check to pay check?"  "Why does it seem that I am always taking one step forward, but three backward?"  "The problems never seem to end, why do I not see the blessing of the Lord?"........
     The Pastor of our church plant has been teaching on the subject of "Grace" for many services now.  And, he has taught on my verses leading up to the following one, but this one seems to answer some of the questions people have been asking me lately.
     Jas 1:25AMP  But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience). 
     Jas 1:25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 
   
http://diggingtheword.blogspot.com/2012/10/
delight-in-gods-word.html
It is so simple that most people don't believe it.  1.  Get into the Word of God; 2. Continue in His Word; 3.  Don't forget His Word  4.  Do His Word.  
     While the pastor was preaching this, I thought of a water faucet.  When the water faucet is turned off (the reading of the Word), there is not flow of water (no blessing in your doing).  Turn the faucet on just a little, and there is a trickle flow of water.  Turn it on more, a small flow comes out of the faucet.  Turn it on full blast and the water gushes out.  This tells me two things.  One is that the blessing is there, we just need to turn on the faucet to receive it (get into the Word).  Secondly, that it is our choice as to how much blessing in my doing is being poured out upon us (how much quality time do we spend in the Word).

No comments:

Post a Comment