JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Healed and a Walking Testimony!!!

Healing update:

Today's post is an update for all those who have been following since the stroke that happened on July 14th. 


Drawing by Joy Neasley.

I am healed.  My Healer has kept His Word.  Hallelujah!!!

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."  1Peter 2:24

Healing has been a process rather than instant.  (Healing is progressive, whereas a miracle is instant.) Over a two week period it has been a fast work, a quick process, surprising the doctors.


For those who have not read the previous newsletters and updates, I had a stroke on July 14th. (In the last update I mistakenly said July 20th, sorry).  It was actually three days after the stroke before I made it into a hospital here in China. They determined through an MRI that there were clots in the small arteries on both sides of the brain, 5 or 6 on the right side and one or two on the left side. The doctor basically said the damage was done, and that for the medication to be effective I had to be treated within the first 3 to 8 hours after the stroke.  It was three days after that when I received treatment.   I could not speak understandably because of a serious stutter, my right side was almost paralyzed, and my left ear was deaf. The doctor did say that with physical therapy and speech therapy I might see a little improvement in the three to six months to come, with very little improvement after that time frame.  

 
Drawing by Joy Neasley

Praise God that he has provided healing for us!  July 27th, I woke up and attempted to walk.  Through the course of the day, the walking went from an assisted hobble to normal without assistance of any kind, and the use of my arm and hand came back instantly.  On Sunday July 28th I began singing worship songs and the words began flowing out.  Within a span of about 20 minutes the stutter left and I began talking normally. This was only two weeks after the full stroke. 


This past week, my hearing has returned, and the logical/reasoning/problem-solving abilities have returned. Basically, my mind has returned!  I have a sound mind!  Hallelujah!  

Yes, healing is still in progress, but it is all God and will continue until finished!  It is almost finished, now.  He is a Great God, and always true to His Word. 


Many have been in agreement in prayer for complete healing, and some have assisted financially (and continue to assist) with the medical bills.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment