JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Simply Prayer - The Beginning

JoyfulWorks International Ministries

Serving Asia

This As mentioned the past two days in brief emails to partners, friends, and family, this month I am taking the time to share with you accomplishments, present projects, and future vision and plans.  As stated in Part 1 of this email series, "Knowing my dream, my vision, is truly from God, also means it is too big for me to do by myself. That is why I need partners, faithful people that believe in the calling of God on my life, believe in world evangelism, believe in touching lives, and believe in getting involved in something bigger than ourselves."

First up, is the beginning of "Simply Prayer".  June - July 15, 2013 was the first annual 30 Day Challenge:  Pray for Missions in China.  .  The objective was to locate 20 prayer partners who would commit to prayer everyday for 30 days (July 15-August 13, 2013) regarding the Spread of the Gospel Message in Mainland China, and JoyfulWorks International Ministries.  Exactly 20 prayer partners accepted the challenge.  Little did I know that the day before the prayer challenge began, I would have a stroke, and another one near the end of the challenge.  These strokes were designed to kill.  However, just as John 10:10 says, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

My teammates here, and the Pastor's Wife of our church plant, made sure I had internet in my room and easy access to my computer at all times.  I was able to stay in communication with the prayer partners throughout the challenge period.  The objective was to encourage them, and teach them how to pray effectively (click here to see the teachings based on Kenneth Hagins prayer message - which you can also watch at this site.)  The challenge became a two-way street.  The prayer partners were an encouragement to me as I watched them respond on facebook in their comments.

We have decided to make this an annual event via Facebook.  Recently, a "Simply Prayer" blog was started on blogger.  Weekly blogposts containing prayers from our own church members here in China, from leaders of churches across China, and our team that works very hard here.
This blog is a new addition to JoyfulWorks designed to promote prayer among partners, and communication.  Take the time to share what you have prayed out in the Spirit, or from the prayer needs listed in the blog.  This enables us to share the victories with you when we see the results of your prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment