JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

98 faces down, 12 more to go.



The 110 Faces of China Project has an end in sight.  Yeah!  The project began 3 years ago.  Many drawings, two strokes, Parkinson's, and a complete change in direction later...completion is just around the corner.

Tonight I completed the 98th silhouette and canvas.  I will be going into the city soon and purchasing wood to stretch the canvases.  Each canvas measures 10"x10" once is stretched on the frame. 

I will then assemble and join the canvases, creating a wall of Faces.  The inspiration for this project came from a few different directions combined.  One of which is a wall of hand prints surrounding an orphanage in Beijing, China.  The hand prints represent children successfully adopted. 

Once the canvases are stretched and joined together, I will begin the details on the paintings to make the overall project resemble a stone wall.  I will save the description of the details and let you be surprised. 

I have also found a way to incorporate the drawings from the original version of the project into the revamped project.

I hope you will enjoy the project when it is completed.  There is a possibility it will be displayed for an event in Clarksville, TN during September.  Details are a little sketchy right now.  I will keep you posted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment