JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tales of a Modern-Day Missionary

"Your life is not a problem to be solved but a gift to be opened." ~ Wayne Muller


I have been writing several blogs on various topics to share ministry and life in China with my supporters and friends.  One is nearing an end... the "110 Faces of China" Project.  The project is expected to be finished sometime in May.  I will continue to update it monthly or so with exhibition information. 


Which reminds me...if you have a church and would like to display (exhibit) the project within your church either temporarily or permanently, just give me an email.  September this year is booked.  I prefer to give churches a priority to exhibit the project over other venues to encourage missions (either locally or overseas) within their churches. 


The project shares the lives of a few who are transformed just by hearing and hearing the Word of God through a church planted in China.  The focus of the exhibit though is to encourage people to think about their sphere of influence and the lives who have been or can be transformed by the display of God's Word in their own lives and the effect it has on those around them. 


The finish of this project will give me the needed time to turn my attention to another blog that I started many years ago, Tales of a Modern-Day Missionary.  I have really procrastinated with this blog.  I think that is because I desire to write from within my deepest thoughts and experiences.  Write about the ups and the downs.  My failures and my victories.  This can be very intimidating.  Opening up to others around the world, knowing that they may or may not approve. 


I have come to realize that we all make mistakes.  Some of us are meant to display those along with the victories so that others can be inspired and move on to victory within their own lives.  I have been playing tug of war with this for at least two years now.  This summer is a great time to just do it!  I look forward to your input (the good and the bad), and know that my life can change that of others...because even with the mistakes and all, my life is ultimately a testimony unto Jesus Christ.  In the telling of it, overall it brings Him the Glory.


With that in mind, the spread of the Gospel message is told through my own life.  How I am going to write this, and the direction it will take in the details of the writing I don't know.  I do know, I will follow the leading of the Holy Spirit as I write the blog. 


I look forward to spending time with you through, Tales of a Modern-Day Missionary, beginning early summer.   -joy

No comments:

Post a Comment