JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Moving right along

This project is moving right along, and on schedule.  

I have worked out a good background for all the canvases, inspired by a wall in Beijing, China.  This wall was made up of square stones with a handprint and name of a child adopted from the orphanage.  It was so beautiful and touched me so much, I drew it as one of my first drawings in 2009.  

I have completed 80 silhouettes out of the 110 so far, and I am in the process of transferring them to 108 canvases 10" by 10" each.  Each one representing a square brick on a wall of some of the lives who have been transformed by the Word of God in Asia.  The completed project will measure 12' long by 9' tall.  

Once completed with transferring the silhouettes, the canvas will be stretched.  Each brick is painted with Chinese watercolor to represent a part of the wall.  


The silhouettes are drawn from people I personally have met and know the impact that the spread of the Gospel message throughout Asia has made within them.  




I am not positive yet, but I may include sporadically throughout the wall some of the drawings I did of a few before the strokes and Parkinson's hit, 

which cause me to change the direction of the project if I was to complete it.  I will know for sure once I have completed the silhouettes and see how it will look. 


At the end of the project the canvases will be assembled to create a completed wall.  




No comments:

Post a Comment