JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 10 of 30: Are your eyes in focus?

 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."  Isaiah 55:11
In a world full of doubt and deception, we can count on God's Word.  His Word is always fulfilled.  Despite our struggles, tests, trials, we can do as David did and always turn our focus back to God.  
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.   Psalm 138:7-8.
Romans 10:17 tells us that hearing the Word is what builds our faith, which enables us to withstand the storms that blow through from time to time.  We walk through these troubles in victory by focusing on God.  Keeping our eyes on Him, His purpose, His Will; because His Word will not return void.  

David's life reflected the trust we can have in God, and is an example of how God walks with His children every step of the way.  Notice David reminds himself of God's promises and also sings and prays the Word of God throughout the Psalms.  David relied on God's power, the power of His Word (Heb 4:12). 



Today's passage is an example of David in prayer and song praising God with His whole heart, Psalm 138 (KJV). 
Psa 138:1  A Psalm of David. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 
Psa 138:2  I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. 
Psa 138:3  In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. 
Psa 138:4  All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth. 
Psa 138:5  Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD. 
Psa 138:6  Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off. 
Psa 138:7  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. 
Psa 138:8  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment