JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 2 of 30: He Speaks, We Hear

How do we know what God is saying to us? 


God's Word speaks (Hebrews 4:12, from Day 1 blog post).  If His Word speaks, then we can hear it.  ("So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  Romans 10:17)

Return to the book of Ephesians Chapter 1.  We find the Apostle Paul praying a prayer for the church.  He is saying, he prays this prayer for you, the church.  He is praying that God gives 'you' a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. (Ephesians 1:17) 

This prayer is for us, try praying it this way, "God I ask you to give me, a spirit of wisdom in the revelation and knowledge of you."  By praying this way, you are making it personal.  You have taken the living, breathing, Word of God, and have spoken it in prayer into your life. 

The power of God's Word is in the Words you have just spoken.  Remember from yesterday's post, "God's Word in my mouth has just as much power as God's Word in His mouth."  The whole passage from yesterday, make it personal for you. 

I encourage you to meditate further on this passage and memorize verse 17-19.  Even further, speak those powerful Words in prayer throughout the day, today and everyday. 
"Lord I ask you to give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation of knowledge of who you are.
 That I may know the hope of my calling and the riches of your glory. 
That I may know my inheritance as a saint. 
That I may know the exceeding greatness of your power to me.
I am a believer according to your mighty working power."


Pray this everyday. 10 times a day even.  If you need answers to situations in your life; What is my calling?  Why am I here?  What job should I get?  What area of study should I take in college?  How should I direct my child in specific situations?  

This prayer is powerful. Make it operative in your life, by speaking it in prayer to God, and by making it personal. 

"There is power packed into God’s Word. God’s Word brings life, light and the Holy Spirit into the situation."  Paula White
You may pray this prayer by itself.  Or, some may prefer to pray in the spirit in between each section of it.  You may choose to enter into praise and worship then begin to pray.  However, you choose to pray Ephesians 1:17-19 today, thank God for the outcome of your prayer in advance.  Give Him thanks knowing that He always answers when we pray according to His will, praying His Word.


Today's passage is a portion of yesterday's passage: a more focused prayer of what we meditated, studied, thought, and prayed about yesterday..... getting a greater revelation of what these verses say and how they apply to us. (Today's passage is in the KJV.)

Eph 1:17  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 
Eph 1:18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 
Eph 1:19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 

No comments:

Post a Comment