JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Storm brewing.

10 days ago, I had a mini stroke, known as a TIA.  8 days ago, I had a full stroke, leaving my right side useless and a stutter so bad I cannot speak, among other things.

The members of our church plant here have been wonderful.  They are fearful I will leave and go back to the US.  When they ask me about it, I answer them, "I am home right here where God put me."  This is the truth.  I cannot imagine leaving here.

They people here are use to missionaries who come for a time and leave them.  It is important that they see dedication and faithfulness.  This is a testimony of God's love to them.  No, God did not cause the stroke.  It is the thief that comes to steal, kill, and destroy.  Jesus brings us life.  However, as I make it past this storm in my life, good will come from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment