JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Eyes on Me?

While working with two young women yesterday with their English skills, (and they were helping me work on my Mandarin), one of the girls spent most of the afternoon mimicking everything I said, as I said it.  I was trying to read Eph. 1:17-23 in English to the other girl, and the other girl repeated everything I said, as I was saying it.  It was hard to focus on the reading with her right there, repeating everything.  She did not even wait for me to finish a sentence before she began.  She just continued.  It made me think of a child trying to get on someone's nerves by repeating their words.  At least the child usually waits for the person speaking to take a breath before he begins the repetitions.

It took me a bit, but after a while I managed to tune her out and continue the language lesson out of Ephesians.  I have realized,over time, that our sphere of influence (the people around us:  on our jobs, at school, neighbors, etc) is our greatest witnessing tool for spreading the gospel.  As we live our daily lives, (becoming more Christlike) we have a great opportunity to teach others about Him without ever having to even open our mouths. People watch others very closely, especially when they notice something different in that persons life.  They begin to see God's favor, they may not know what it is, but they see it.  They begin to see His Grace, and faith that brings into manifestation the image (and power) of Jesus within us.

People take notice when you always seem to come out on top life's daily situations.  People take notice when they see a family working, rather than falling apart.  People take notice when they see commitment (faithfulness) to a life of Christ.  People take notice when they see others overcome and walk in victory.
It is our daily walk, every step, that creates a testimony unto God.  I ask myself, what do people see when they see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment