JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, September 6, 2010

Why to we try so hard to get what we already have?

Rom. 10:9 tells us that if we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus, and believe in our hearts that God has raised him from the dead,we are saved.

The word saved (if you look it up) here, includes healing, prosperity, blessing, deliverance.  Jesus paid the price for sin.  He has already purchase our freedom from the enemy.   Many do not know that it is theres, and therefore do not walk in it.  Many choose not to walk in it by denying (through ignorance, disbelief, fear,doubt, etc) that their freedom was purchased.  This reminds me of Texas and the June 18th and 19th celebration of freedom.  This holiday is also known as Freedom Day.  In Texas, it was a little over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation took effect, in 1865 before General Granger and 2000 federal troops arrived in Galvaston, TX to enforce the emancipation of slaves in the state.

The slaves were actually free in January of 1863.  They could not act on what they did not know.  It was not announced in Texas until June 19th 1865 that all slaves were free.  Celebrations began and from that day forward they began to walk in freedom (yes there was more to it than that, it took years to truly see a renewing of the mind in the people and for true freedom to take place).

Many also tend to not walk in the fullness of their salvation because they cannot seem to believe that it is a gift.  That it is theirs.  That Jesus did all to pay the price.  We just walk in it.  We tend to try to come up with steps and processes that we have to follow to get our healing, our prosperity, the promises that are in the Word.  We tend to go as far as ask God to heal us, to provide for the bills, to bless us, etc.  According to Rom. 10:9 and the meaning of "saved".  He has already given it to us.  We just need to receive it.  How?  Rom. 10:9 tells us to confess and believe.  Is it really that simple?

I have learned that usually when I am not walking in what is already mine.  I am the problem (my thinking is usually the problem to be more accurate), not God.  He has given me more that I could ever have tried to get on my own.  It is all a gift (by Grace).  My job is to receive, and then act on what is mine.  If I am already healed and whole, I must act like it.  The enemy cannot decieve me into thinking otherwise, because according to the Word, it is mine, already.  I don't have to do anything to get it!  The gift has already been provided to me.  I can unwrap it and receive it if I choose, or I can deny it and choose to walk in what the enemy gives me.  It is one or the other.  There is not in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment