JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

78 finished...and 32 more to go.

How about that?  78 finished silhouettes with only 32 more to complete.  Yeah!


As I wrote in the last post, I am beginning to work out backgrounds.  I have two with the background.  I will fine tune these as they hang for a while.  

The backgrounds are designed with various shades of earth tones.  They will range from blues through burnt sienna and various mixes of the two.  There is a method to my madness, and you will see it as the project is put together.

I want to make sure that there are a few elements that create flow in the overall composition of the canvases once all of them are put together to create a wall, a "build it and they will come" wall.  

I am learning more about color and mixing color through this process.  Jane Blundell has a great blog to help with this:  janeblundellart .  

I cannot wait to get the wood for the frames and begin stretching the canvases.  They are going to be three different depths to add interest to the overall composition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment