JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, March 28, 2014

The Power of Two or Three ((Empower Me! Prayer Series 13 of 15)

In math the power of two doubles whatever you have, and the power of three triples it.  With God, the power of two or three equals infinity.

"...If two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask;  it shall be done for them......"




"But, you don't know my situation.  It is hopeless."  No.  But, I do know God.  I know that when Jesus spoke, he did not lie.  I know that when the bible says something, it is truth and I can believe it, regardless what the world around me is telling me.  

I remember a time in early 2010 when I was putting together funding to move to Asia as a missionary.  I still needed funds for the trip.  It was less than a few months away and I did not have much of the funding for supplies or the tickets.  I prayed a prayer of agreement with a close friend of mine.

God's word is powerful in our own mouths.  How much more so, when we come together and pray His Word, His will in agreement with each other.  Within a month two things happened.  

The first, was a large ministry who had previously talked me almost a year before and asked if I had received a check from them to help get my start in Asia.  I told them no, but I would go to the P.O. Box and check.  When I opened the P.O. Box, there was a large check to cover the expenses of getting to Asia and setting up.  

It is truly amazing how God's Word works.  He is a God of more than enough. Within a few days, the second incident happened.  A married couple, whose husband was a new born Christian, were led to sow $600 into my getting to Asia.  This was overflow for me, but for them a chance to watch God work.  


They came and told me about being led to give, and sowed the money.  I received it, and prayed as I always do for God to open their eyes to the blessings He has for them.  Two weeks later, over skype (I was in Asia), they told me they were in a department store parking lot on a very windy day.  On the way into the department store, a $100.00 bill blew up to them.  Then another.  And, then another....until they had 6 $100.00 bills in their hands.  They told the store manager about finding the money to make sure that whoever lost it could come and get it.   In the end, no one claimed the money and they received the $600.00.  This was a tremendous boost in the faith of the new born husband.  He saw God's Word at work.

The prayer of agreement works.  Why?  Because Jesus said so in Mt. 18:18-20.  There are a few conditions, but it does work.  These verses tell us what to do: 
1.  There must be two of us who agree.
 2.  We must ask. 
3.  Do not put limitations on what God will do... He said, "...it shall be done..."
4.  We must be on earth. 
5.  The two of us come together in the name of Jesus.  Pray "in the name" (refer to previous postings in this series). 

As believers, children of God, the power of two means much more than double.  It is only limited to what we do with the Word of God that we know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment