JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Helps

Many think that being a missionary in a foreign  country means living at a poverty level, and teaching and preaching to the poor.

This is not true.  My main ministry overseas, is within the ministry of helps.  I have always had the ability to do whatever I set my hands to do.  In Asia, I have been in many various roles as a missionary.  My favorite role so far is being staff photographer and videographer.  

Yes, I am called to Asia, and I am happy to fulfill whatever role He places me into.  Lately that seems to be moving me into a ministry towards Children and Youth by creating materials for local pastors to use and implement within their own churches.  This provides them with the ability to grow their own churches with their own native pastors and leaders.  

Being a missionary does not mean being in the limelight.  It takes many, many people to spread the Gospel message in countries like Asia.  They may be support teams back home (financial, prayer, administrative supporters), and they may be those He sends to help with my present role in country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment