JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hidden Treasure

God's Word is a hidden treasure within our hearts. 

Have you seen the movie, Second Hand Lions.  They two elder men have treasure (money) hidden from everyone.  When they need money, they go to the hidden treasure of theirs and take out (make a withdrawal) of what then need.  

God's word is the same for us.  By keeping His Word in our hearts we have access to it at all times.  This is why it is important to read, meditate, and memorize passages daily.  

If you were told today that you have cancer, would you want to know God's Word and will on the subject?  If it is already in your heart, you can have peace and comfort in knowing what to do based on the Word of God, rather than have to go find out first because you did not know what God says.  

1 Peter 2:24 (emphasis in red is mine)
Many people ask me how I can handle the medical issues in my life the past few years.  Many say that maybe my faith is not working.  

I have peace and comfort in knowing that my God has already provided health for me in the death and resurrection of Christ, and that healing is mine.  My faith is working, it has kept me alive.  I thank God daily because of the faith He has given me, and His word has developed.    His Word is within me, therefore, all I have to do is believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment