JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Tug Home

Working within my calling
is where I find His anointing!


     A missionary on furlough tends to be more of a fish out of water during the brief stay in their home country.  Missionaries work hard to fully immerse themselves into the culture and the people they serve,  striving to fit in and not be the "foreigner".  

     After years of working to accomplish this task, there comes a time when the missionary must return on furlough to rest, and most likely gain various support.  Returning is a culture shock all of its own, and it can be a difficult task to meld back into their own culture for the short time in their home country. 

     I have experienced this first hand this past six weeks while back in the USA.  It is difficult to explain, because as all missionaries, I love my family and friends in my home country.  Yet, the calling within me tugs on my heart reminding me to get 'home' on the mission field quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment