JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Baking and Breaking Bread

Baking, Fellowship, and The Word.

Building Relationships

Baking and Breaking Bread Together

     The past three weeks, since my last e-newsletter, include finding an apartment, getting a roommate, writing and editing materials, meeting new people, moving, taking photos, painting, and much more.  I am eager to see what the next three weeks have in store.  Never a dull moment!

Roommate image     Two Sunday's ago, I purchased a mid-size portable electric oven.  Most Chinese do not bake and use an oven, so I went to Hong Kong and purchased one.    A few days later,my roommate (pic to the right) tried some roasted potatoes and fried eggs I made, and told her friends how much she liked it.


     A few days later I met a young woman who, by the end of the afternoon, was saved.  My roommate told her about the oven, and this young woman asked if she could come and watch me bake something.  

 baking oven      This past Sunday, I made another trip back to Hong Kong and purchased a few baking pans for cakes, cookies, breads, and pies.  Monday, I spent the day trying to locate baking ingredients.  I did find ingredients to make homemade bread, and an online website to order ingredients for in the future.


   This young woman and many others are coming together for an evening baking bread, fellowship, and sharing the Gospel message.  Building relationships, one of the first goals I mentioned in my last e-newsletter, is well underway. What a great way to get to know people!  By baking, drinking tea and coffee, and talking about God's Word.   
Thank you to the Partners who make this ministry possible.  You are an invaluable part of what we do together.  
 
Partner today:  go toHERE and select "Joy Neasley - Asia" from the drop down menu.  
Shenzhen, Guangzhou, China.
Pray for China, please.
Prints, Canvas Wall Art, Greeting Cards, and more available in Joy's Etsy shop:  OriginalWorks by Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment