JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Off and Running

Today is a great day!  Hallelujah!

I have spent the past few days apartment shopping.  The pickin's are a bit slim.  However, the right one will be in place soon.  I saw one that had a little promise. 

Apartments in this area average between 350 square feet to 530 square feet.  I need to locate something larger.  My aim is 900-950 square feet because I need space for a small studio area/corner in which to work.

     The pictures in this post are typical children's play in Shenzhen on Sundays at the mall.  The children here work hard in school, and have many activities during the week to supplement their school work.  Sunday is the only day (that I can tell) they have off to really enjoy life. 
     Here they are playing on an apparatus set up at a local mall, Coco Park Shopping Mall, in Shenzhen.  
     Daily work on the Children and Youth ministry materials in progress.  This (if you are new to the blog) is a six year project underway to provide leadership materials for Children's Ministry and a basic core curriculum that takes five age groups through the bible, book by book.
     I am working on finding a way to start taking photos too.  It would be great if I can get at least one paid shoot a month, maybe two.  I have also added Father's Days cards to my Etsy shop.      
     This week, in the children's materials, I have begun the teacher/volunteer/leadership walk through the bible.   As part of this week's writing, I am preparing a short inspirational, food for thought, piece for each of the first five Chapters of Matthew, and optional reading about the background of the book of Matthew.  I have also included in this lessons from Tony Cooke's "In Search of Timothy", which provides great insights into our roles as we serve in our positions in ministry.  
     
I have already begun to pray about assembling a small translation team.  Please stay in prayer over this with me.  It is important that these people not only speak the native language, but also have the spirit of faith to include in their translation and adaptations for the ministry materials.      
     I am off... more apartment hunting awaits.   

No comments:

Post a Comment