JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Love covers a multitude of sins!

     Wow....well, if I did anything today, it was prove that I make mistakes too.  Let's see, the ppt for Praise and Worship was missing two songs and I had to do some fancy footwork to put (throw) them in quickly..whew!!!  The photo slideshow of the Christmas and New Year's Eve parties turned out pretty good, but I was not given the assignment to put it together until two hours and fifteen minutes before start of service time, so it was missing a few photos...hmmmm....I wonder who else notices other than the Pastor :-( .  Let's see, I ended up being an illustration in the Pastor's service today...I'm not sure if that particular illustration was to be good or not....I'll have to ask him about that one.  And, oh, yeah,,,did I mention the 102 degree temperature while I am recovering from pneumonia that, I had during getting all this together and during the service itself.
     I am not complaining, nor am I glorifying the enemy here.  The title of this blog is "What is it like to be a missionary today?"  The Pastor of this church plant has a song he made up that goes "THIS IS WHAT WE DO!"  Well, this is what we do!  So many glorify being a missionary overseas because of the image that is portrayed back in the US.  But the fact of the matter is, that missionaries are people too, and ministry (as Dad Hagin put it) is WORK.  Things may go wrong just like anywhere else, but when someone comes to you, like several after the service did today, and say "Joy, we wanted to tell you Thank you for coming to this country and helping us", it makes it all worthwhile!

I love "What I do"!!!  Thank you Father for the priviledge of being part of your plan in here!  ---joy

No comments:

Post a Comment