JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, January 28, 2011

Where is my thinking?

I was reading a blog this morning from an artist, it talked about a student in a class that did not show up for the first two weeks of class.  When she did make it to class, she was late.  Some of the students were talking to her and discovered that her life was so demanding that she had succumb to the thinking of "I can't do it all", "I do not have time", and "I am tired of all the demanding people around me".  Now the discussion based on this in the artist blog focused around positive thinking.  I prefer to take another approach.  The Word, yes teaches us, that as believers, we have what we say.  However, the Word also teaches us that we already have been provided everything (all the blessings and promises of the Word), because Jesus already died and paid the price for all of it.

The problem tends to come, when we do not know what we have.  If I had a rich uncle who died and left me everything, it doesn't matter if I do not know it.  I cannot receive the benefits from it unless I know it is there to use it.  Say he left me a house. I cannot live in a house that I do not know it mine.  Once I am notified of this, I can move right on into the house.  (I can take action on what I know to be true.)

A monkey at Kadoorie Farms in Hong Kong.
We cannot have what we speak, if we do not know, or believe, that it is ours.  How are we, as believers notified, by His Word.  As we read, and learn, we come to realize (a renewing of our mind from a life of sin, to a life of LIFE - and we KNOW and BELIEVE) what is already ours, and we can now go place a demand, or take it.

I am all for positive thinking, but I prefer to base it upon the Word of God, and what I know to be True!

No comments:

Post a Comment