JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, January 17, 2011

People in other cultures...

I have had the privilege of traveling to many countries and meeting many people.  I love getting to know new people, their customs and culture, their language, and their country.  I love getting to be a missionary and becoming deeply involved in the people I meet.  It is an amazing call, an amazing job, with an amazing Boss.

While talking with a Pastor that I am connected with here, the discussion of Biblical Guidance topics came up.  When it comes down to it, the people here have all the same basic problems and needs that we have in America; for example: marriage, finances, relationships at work with coworkers and bosses, etc.  It seems to be the same regardless of where I am.

When I read the Word, it is also the exact same problems and needs that those in the early church and even before dealt with.  Paul had to preach, teach, and counsel on the same exact topics that we must preach, teach, and guide people today.

Not only are people basically the same across cultures, but also across time.  When it comes down to it, we are not that different at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment