JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

     Sometimes, being a missionary requires me to stay the night or several nights with a local person or family in their home.  Last night was one of those cases.  I enjoy getting to spend time with the people I serve in this way, but it can be a bit adventurous, too.  I love the people here and the culture.
     I went to visit a family last night, who had requested that I come for dinner, and provide some bibilical guidance for them.  I also am trying to become fluent in the language, so opportunities like this are great for that.  No one speaks english, but me, so speaking the local is forced.  Because of the distance, they requested that I stay the night, rather than try to go back home.  This happens quite often.  The local  people are great hosts, and love the company.  They also love to fellowship over food (lots of it).
     Even though these visits are technically work, I do enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment