JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two more drawings....and the beginning of another.

My favorite so far is the first one of Summer.  I think it is the different textures I like the best.  I will be sure to try to draw people with more texture going on around them in my other drawings.

I found out two Chinese people that I have met are getting married later this year.  I am hoping to incorporate a wedding portrait drawing into the 110 now.

The drawing to the right is of a very nice lady I met in a small town about three hours from Guangzhou.  Even when she was not smiling, it seemed as if she was.  She had such a sweet presence.  I am hoping to get to go and visit her again sometime.
When I first came to Southern China, I stayed a week in a youth hostel in Fangcun, a district of Guangzhou.  That Sunday (or maybe it was Monday), the other guests had all checked out and it was just me.  The family that ran the youth hostel had gathered together for a big dinner.  They invited me to eat with them.  I fell in love with this little girl, the youngest of the family.  The reference photo that I used, actually had food on her hands and all around her mouth and chin.  I left that part out.  She is so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment