JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A more indepth look at the modern missionary today...

When I started this blog, it was more just to give you insight from my thoughts and revelations of the Word of God.  However, I am being led, to be more open and give you more insight into the day to day life as a missionary in the field.  This opens up more of my life than I previously thought.  I work in a country that I must also keep in mind the effects of what I say due to the view of Christianity and missionaries here.  So when I talk, keep in mind that I am going to change the names of people and places to keep others out of harms way.  I also realize that things are different on the mission field than many understand back home, and that you may not always understand or agree with methods, thoughts, etc.  That is okay.  I am going to follow what I am led to do.  I am still growing and make mistakes myself, yet striving to become an image of my Father above.  I do not understand all, and question much.  This will be reflected in this blog.  This does not mean that I agree or disagree with something.  Or that I am judging it.  It means that I am seeking, and my Father has promised that I will Find.  I encourage you to follow the blogs and use the comments section or my email to send encouragement, discussions, etc.  (No negative language, hatred, etc.-this blog is my Journey with God in the mission field).  In the past I have not written as often as I like, and will make an effort to do this daily, but keep in mind that internet is not always accessible on a daily basis.  I encourage you to share this blog with others.  I pray that it will be a source of encouragement and a learning experience for others too.  Being a missionary today is a bit different than in the past.  In the days of computers, society, and economy it requires a different approach in just every aspect of the life of the missionary and ministry.  May this blog be to God's Glory, not mine.  It is Him who works within us and through us that deserves the praise and honor.  ---joy

No comments:

Post a Comment