JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday's and a Plan of Action in the making

     Sunday's are the one day a week that drawing is difficult in my line of work.  So this will probably be my one day a week off drawing, other than a practice ATC drawing.  I do these most days.
     Today, I spent the little time this evening that I had working on fine tuning the types of photos I need to take for these drawings and I pinned down a good photoshop method of editing that will help to define the details in the photos for drawing, and to make not-so-great photos much more suitable for drawing.
     I am also working on a plan of action for the drawings.  I gave a basic outline in my "Goals" post yesterday.  Between now and Friday, I will be fine tuning this.  It will include the actual drawing itself of the 110 Faces of China, marketing strategy to create awareness of the project, possible outline for showings of the original drawings at churches, galleries, shows, etc.  I am also considering whether or not a publisher might be interested in creating a book of the drawings.  These are all things to outline in the plan of action, which I will revisit and revise at least twice this year.
     This week I will also get to the art supply store in Guangzhou and make sure I have supplies to keep me going for a while.  It may require a trip to Hong Kong if I cannot find everything I need.  In a country like this, you do not want to run out of supplies during an ongoing project, just to find that it could be weeks or so before what is needed becomes available.
     I am also going through photos I have taken the past 8 months to see what I already have available to me for good reference photos.  This will help me get started.
     I am also considering doing much of the drawing out in public here in China.  This puts me out in front of the people here more, and gives me a chance to get many more photos to choose from for the drawings.  I cannot get reference photos if I am couped up in the apartment/studio all the time drawing.
     I am also going to need to add to my plan of action a work schedule for all aspects of this, especially the actual drawing of the people.  Being a missionary is very time consuming and also my priority.  So the drawing must be scheduled so that it gets finished on time also.
     Well, I will update you this week on how the preparations are going.  Touch base again in a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment