JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Missionary??? Entrepreneur???

I am convinced that todays missionaries are also entrepreneurs.  It is not easy to raise funding for missions.  That is where a missionary must remember that God is the provider.  He provides in many ways... other people (supporters), starting a business (blessing the work or our hands), those who are being ministered unto (supported by those who receive the teaching a preaching of the Word), etc.  Missionaries are also to be "lenders, not borrows" and to walk in "abundance rather than lack".  The same promises and spiritual laws of the Word apply to missionaries just as they do all others.

Personally, I have been led to put to use gifts and talents He has given me to support the missions work here.  Yes, a few years ago, I saw and still believe that there are 1000 financial supporters who are to give into this ministry here with $5.00 and $10.00 per  month.  This is not just for provision for me (the missionary) and the ministry here, it is to enable that 1000 who have this work on their heart to participate in the spreading of the Gospel in this country and reap benefits of that in their own lives from sowing into this particular Kingdom Work.  However, that is not the only means God has provided for the support of this work.  He provides avenues for the missionary today to create abundance in their lives, and avenues for the missionary to also be a giver and a lender to others.  For me, this is via my God-given drawing skills to create an art business, and a small affiliate marketing business on the internet.  While both of these businesses are still in the making (it takes two to five years for a business to really get off the ground and produce surplus), they are making headway.  What I love most about this is that I can still keep my main focus the main focus...the Spread of the Gospel in this country.  The drawing has been a great asset here first.  It enables me to draw what I see here, and share this with those back home and around the world.  I probably give away more drawings that I sell, by choice.  My calling to the ministry here always comes before business and money.  His leading is most important in determining this.  The drawings open doors where I can speak the Word of God and even times when I have prayed healing or salvation, etc. over these drawings and then passed them over to someone who was in need of the anointing in that area of prayer (much like praying over prayer cloths, etc).

I am thankful for the many avenues God has provided for financing of missions work for today missionaries.  I am also thankful that the same promises and spiritual laws of blessing, abundance, and success that apply to the lives of every believer to also apply to the life of the missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment