JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A peak into how I organize ministry and my personal life (both sort of intertwined)

With sooo much on my plate these days, organization is a must.  I realized early in life that I tend to jump from one thing to another without completing a project.  My focus and energy was determined by my emotions at the moment, which we all know can fluctuate and change very quickly. This led to a very cluttered and flighty lifestyle. To combat this, I created a system of organization that I can follow and experience fulfillment, completion, and success in all my endeavors, including my own personal walk with God. 

This year, I am experiencing a bit of an overwhelming feeling because of all that must be done in both ministry and personal life.  I have experienced a major change in the direction of my life the past few years, and need to tweak my system of organization to reflect this in a simple, easy to follow manner.  One way this is being accomplished is a project notebook for 2011.  I will probably keep a working hard copy on my desk, and also a working copy reflecting daily revisions in the "OneNote" program on my laptop.  I tend to travel constantly, and this will reduce my load from having to carry the hard copy with me. 

In creating this notebook, it will have to reflect several aspects of my life, yet remain simple and easy to follow so that I will not abandon the notebook throughout the year (which I have learned from experience, also).  This notebook will include a section for each of the following areas:  My own ministry in China, the aid of other ministries in China, drawing (which also falls within my own ministry in China, but is a large enough category that will need its own section if I am to keep it focused on one direction), communication with supporters and those back home (this will include, blogs, squidoo, letters, cards, etc), my own personal goals and endeavors (this will include things to do and accomplish in my downtime) 

In this notebook, each project will have it's own page and be kept as simple as I can keep it.  One paragraph including any requirements that I must remember to complete the task and a deadline date.  These pages will be organized in each section by date (the most recent upcoming deadline as the first page of each section).  Periodically, I will print out the revised version of the notebook from my laptop to keep on my desk.  I am a very visual person, and just having it on my desk reminds me to go to it on my computer daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment