JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Language Blooper

We have added a new member to our team.  He is from the local area, and a faithful part of our church plant since the beginning, three years ago.

He passed initiation...the jokes, teasing, and fun the rest of us gave him to break the ice.

Being a part of the team here, means learning English.  Learning English is important because all team members work with translating materials  from English to the native language.

http://www.store.rzss.org.uk/en/
keeper-experiences/lemur-magic-moment.aspx
Often at dinner, I will make myself something American to eat.  The local food is delicious, but I also love good ole American food.  The team members who are local like to see what I show up with at the table and taste it.  Our newest team member is no different.

I am trying to eat crackers with peanut butter and fruit last night, and I realized out of the corner of my eye, he was watching very intently to how I put the peanut butter on the cracker, and then ate it with some fresh pineapple on the side.  I started laughing after a few minutes, and he realized how hard he was staring.... His English is limited, so his explanation was, "I watch you like animal in cage at zoo."  The whole table broke out laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment