JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, June 21, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Bought and Paid For.

In Christian circles we often hear the phrase "the precious blood of Jesus".  What does it mean?  

This phrase can be found in 1 Peter 1:18-19, "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;  (19)  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."

"The precious blood of Jesus" refers to what Jesus did for us in the act of choosing to give his life (the shedding of His blood as a sacrifice made without blemish and without spot) as payment to recover ownership of man.  

Once sin entered into the world through Adam, Satan became the father of our  spirit - the spirit man within you (this is another teaching for a later time).  Jesus shed His blood the day he died on the cross to pay the sin of man, before His death, during the time of His death, and for all time after his death.  He recovered ownership of man from Satan through the shedding of his blood.  We have been purchased with the blood of Jesus Christ.  
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.  Acts 20:28
Sin was removed the day Jesus redeemed us (purchased us).  When this happened man is able to walk in fellowship (a right relationship) with God once again.  The laws of Moses that had to be kept in order to have a right relationship with God, became obsolete.  
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.   1John 1:7 
The "precious blood of Jesus" made it possible for us to choose life over death, and blessing over curses.  (Deut 30:19)

Even though the price was paid, the decision is ours to accept it.   Each man can choose to receive it what is already theirs, or to reject it.  

How do we receive it?
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Rom 10:9-10
Maybe you attend church each week.  Maybe you watch services on t.v. Maybe this is your first time hearing what Jesus did for you.  If you would like to choose Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and choose LIFE  follow the instructions God gave us in Romans 10:9-10.  

Here is a prayer you can pray to do just that and begin a new life in Christ.

God, I do not have a right relationship with you.  I want to have that relationship.  Jesus Christ paid for my sins on the cross.  I ask you to forgive me of all my sins.  I choose you.  The bible tells me to confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believe with my heart that God raised Him from the dead.  Then I will be saved.   I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for the precious blood of Jesus.  I am saved.  In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

If this is the first time you prayed this prayer, please send an email using the contact form on the JoyfulWorks website and share it with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment