JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, January 13, 2014

Busy New Year.

I can see my partners, friends, and family all busy and in full gear as the year 2014 has begun.  The same is true here.  A new year and so many things to do.

I spend the day ironing out gaps in the O.T. bible stories for the younger ages of the Empowering Children Today Curriculum in progress.  Looking good so far, just going a little slower than expected.
I will make up for lost time over Chinese New Year holidays.  they last about two weeks and things get quiet here because all the local staff go visiting family, much like we do for Thanksgiving and Christmas season in America.  Hong Kong and China are gearing up for the celebrations.  We can hear the fireworks going off a little more each  night at it nears.


Everyday Gratitude this weekend was fun... I realized a local friend had a birthday this Sunday.  So birthday cards this weekend it was.... I drew two.  You see one at the right.  The one that I gave to her, I finished just in time for her to receive it and I could not scan it to let you see it.  Maybe she will scan it for me to let you see.

She is a very nice girl.  I have known her for maybe two years now.  She travels back and forth quite a distance to attend the services, but she plans to move this direction in the near future, depending on her job situation.  Keep her in prayer.  She needs direction regarding a job in this area, where to move and finding a new apartment.  Spiritually, prayer for her the same way that I ask all prayer partners to prayer:  Eph 1:17-20.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment