JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, January 20, 2014

Uh-oh...Where's My Phone?

This blog is about tales of a modern-day missionary, and we have cell phones, tablets, mp3and4 players, Kindles, etc, etc, etc...

Guess what happened.  I am still recovering from the health issues this past year, and squatty potties are not my friend at the moment.  LOL.  Yes, I dropped my phone in the toilet (in my case, the squatty potty).  I tried to retrieve it quickly.  Too late.

It is a Nokia Lumia 900, which usually seems to take a dropping and keep on ticking, just fine.    This is the first time water was involved though.  The battery is built in, so taking it out was not an option.  I did take out the SIM card  The phone was short circuiting and kept turning itself off and on again, regardless of what I tried to do to turn it off.  Eventually it did run out of battery and shut down.

I went home and put the phone in a bag of rice for several days, and then tried to turn it on again.  No charge.  So I tried to charge it but the phone just got very warm to the touch.

Nokia Lumia 1520 (a laptop on your pocket)
Then I decided to take to a local Asian repair shop to see what they could do.  Honestly, they exceeded all my expectations and the horror stories I read on the internet while I was waiting for word on the repairs, but it is still not working properly.  I am taking it in one last time today, for them to try to get many of the features that are creating problems.



In the meantime it is time to start saving cash for the latest update to my Nokia phone... (I love their Lumia series....) the Nokia Lumia 1520.  Now that I am looking at it, it looks pretty cool too.  I love the cute little cover that folds and makes it look like a mini table...LOL.

Off for the last repair attempt.  "They can do it,"  They can do it," "They can do it"....hmmmm that new Lumia 1520 is looking really good... "Do I want them to do it?   LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment