JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, January 10, 2014

Prayers of Life

video:  http://vimeo.com/30588901
"Out of the same mouth come forth blessing and cursing...", James 3:10  As I read this this morning, and contemplating on what to write for this blog this morning, I immediately thought about our prayers (after all this blog is called 'simply prayer').  As prayer partners, we pray for each other and the people of Asia here we must consider the effectiveness of our prayers. It is important to remember to keep our Words in line with "Who we are in Christ", and not words from the world, from out of frustration, or the situation.  

Speak into the situation in our prayers.  "I will not accept this lack because the Word says that He withholds not good thing from us."  "I release the blessing of the Lord Jesus to flow in my home and life now."  "Satan you be gone because I am blessed, not cursed."  

Pastor Durant has been preaching recently regarding Genesis Chapter 12.  When studied, he points out that the Word 'Blessing' has several meanings.  Among them it means, "I am going to make you an instrument of divine favor", and under certain conditions "the ability to stop misfortune in people's lives".  (It is an interesting study that I may include sometime on the "Discovered Treasure" Bible Study.)

Pray using Words, "You are making me an instrument of divine favor."  (Hint:  this means you are Blessed to be a blessing).  "I release blessing in my life and the lives of those around me."  Our Words make a difference in the effectiveness of our prayers as we not only pray for ourselves, but also in those we are praying for.  Our choice of Words determine whether we are choosing to allow death (simply, life not lived abundantly in Christ), or "LIFE" (living abundantly blessed in every aspect and area of our lives in Christ) in our prayers.



"If we set bits in the horses' mouths to make them obey us, we can turn their whole bodies about.  Likewise, look at the ships:  though they are so great and are driven by rough winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the impulse of the helmsman determines."  James 3:3-4






No comments:

Post a Comment