JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Joy's Prayer Journal...


What have I been up to lately?  Among many other things, my prayer journal.  Of course, there are many pages that I just can share do to privacy issues for those whom I pray, but this will give you an idea of what the others look like too.

Some people sing and pray, others add a little dance in there.  Some write a full journal account of their prayer times.  I draw and pray.  Why?  I am a visual person.  I see in pictures.  When I am praying for someone, I may or may not list their names and the prayer request.  I do, however, usually apply a scripture to the prayer for them, and allow God to enlighten me with eyes of understanding into their situation to pray even further.  My prayer journal includes artwork and scriptures that I pray, and sometimes images of what I see (Other times just images to help me remember or that goes along with the directionof the prayers).

My prayer journal was purchased at Starbucks.  It is difficult to find good western-style journals in Asia like I am use to in the USA.  I saw this one while I was sitting in a Starbucks and purchased it.  I actually like it, but for watercolor and some other mixed media, it is best to glue two pages together to provide the right thickness, preventing color leaking to the back side of the pages.

I did not like the white pages just inside the cover though, so I did what any artist would do, create pages that I did like.

In the images on these two pages, I was praying for the ministry future, and remembering the past four years here.  It has truly been an amazing time here.  It is always good to be in the right place at the right time according to God's plan.

The Pastor recently quoted from the movie "Field of Dreams", "Build it and they will come."  We built it, and they still continue to come.  Hallelujah!



While praying, I realized that I should draw each year we have been in operation here.  This is 2013 and soon to be 2014....work in progress...neither page is finished yet.

2013 was coined early on as "The Year of Increase."  The church body learned throughout the year what God's Word says about Increase.  This include why we are to increase:  in short,  "We are blessed to be a blessing."

I still need to work on the top of 2013 and the right side of 2014.  I will let you in on this year's Word for the church here in 2014 soon.  I also will go back and add color to the pages.  And, I need to create 2011 and 2012 pages.


This is a reflection of my listening to videos the past few weeks from Kenneth E. Hagin preaching.  The topic of FAITH is in everything he said, did, and preached.  There are so many aspects to learn about faith.  This is the reason for the puzzle pieces on the image.  The silloutte is "walking by faith, not by sight."



Do you journal your prayers, dreams, visions, scriptures, or study of God's Word?  I would love to be inspired by your journal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment