JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, January 24, 2014

Rules and Regulations??? What???

Leviticus... Rules and Regulations do not appeal to children.

It has been a challenging week, physically and in putting together the core curriculum.

No, I am not frazzled, but I could not resist the picture... it was too cute.

Leviticus is a book full of how to's according to the law... rules and regulations for the Isrealites to live life God's way at the time.  
These laws point us to Jesus.  Through all these laws the we discover that we are unable to live a sinless life.  Enter Jesus.  He paid the price, our debt, so that we can live a redeemed life as a child of God.  

As inspiration hits, I have an art journal with me at all
times for this project.  I use it to record raw ideas for the
accompanying materials illustrations and content.  
My challenge is to make all this appealing to children who tend to be 'rules and regulations' adverse.  I have created the basic lesson plan for Leviticus, but it may change as I create the artwork and things that go into the accompanying journals, children's bible stories, and preteen-teen bibles.  

As I create the artwork in the near future for the above accompanying materials and more, I am going to make the original works available on a website to raise money for this project and missions in Asia.  

The Art by Joy Neasley website is up and running.  The site will contain only original artwork, and is designed for all the artwork associated with Empowering Children Today and sales (or even auctions) to raise funds for the completion of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment