JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, April 5, 2013

Birthday

     Pondering where to start this first blog post, I realized, "Why not open at the very beginning, at Birth." This blog is about Who We are as believers in Christ.

     As a child we want to be many things in this world; policemen, firemen, teachers, doctors, lawyers, and the list goes on.  Not once do I, personally, remember thinking, "I want to be a Christian."  Yet one day, at the age of 19, it happened, "I wanted to be a Christian."  Just as a child does not understand who firemen, policeman, etc really are, I did not understand what a Christian really was.  Yet, I wanted to be one.

     I saw something there that I did not have, God's love.  Only a God full of love for me, would have let His son take my place and die for me so that I could have Eternal Life and a relationship with my heavenly Father.  That was August 1986.  As I have grown-up spiritually over the years, I have come to realize who a Christian really is - Who I am in Christ.  It is amazing as each day He shows me something new.

     Therefore, as a reminder to myself of who I am in Christ, I am going to review daily the lessons I have learned over the years in small bite-size pieces.  I hope you will join me along the way, and come to learn who you really are?

                                                                                          Joy Neasley

Here are references to today's bite:  
(When I study the Word, I use the Amplified Bible.  This will be the version I  most often reference in these posts.) 
John 3:16
Romans 10:9 




No comments:

Post a Comment