JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, April 19, 2013

Who Am I? I Am a Sower.


Sowing can reap the harvest you desire.  

Sowing tulips harvests tulips.  Sowing okra harvests okra.  You get the idea.


This spring I decided to plant a small garden.  Before the actual gardening began, I purchased a journal - my garden journal for 2013.  In this journal, I began planning the garden.

What kind of garden did I desire?  Formal and ornamental, vegetable, rose, .....  

I realized, I needed to know the goal for my harvest. The desired harvest determines what kind of garden I would plant.  After some thought, I decided I would love to invite more birds and butterflies into the yard for photography.  

Great I had a goal!  My harvest needed to fall within this goal.  

Sowing spiritually, is the same as sowing naturally.  We can see the parallels in the Bible between natural and spiritual sowing and reaping.  

What are your goals?  Do they fall in line with the Word of God?  What kind of harvest do you need to fulfill these goals?  

The summer in between my two years of attending Rhema Bible Training College, I traveled back to Tennessee for my teenage children who really wanted to spend the summer with their friends they had missed all school year.  A woman at the local church we attended came to me and said, I want to fill up your gas tank for you when you leave services today.  

Of course, I said, "Great."  At the time, I really needed that tank of gas, and I followed her to the gas station across from the church, and she filled it all the way up.  

As we prepared to leave, she said, "Joy, I want to fill up your gas tank every week after service."  It was a prayer answered for me.  I was very thankful.  She faithfully looked for me after every service to make sure I stopped with her by the gas station.  

Later that summer, before returning to RBTC I let her know how much I appreciated what she did for me over the summer, and I asked her why she wanted to fill up my tank each week.  

She replied, "Our finances were low, and I did not want to run out of gas before getting paid.  So I sowed into your gas tank.  Then, I realized I could do this every week."

"Did it work?  Did you get the money you needed for gas?"  I asked. 

She smiled and said, "My gas tank has been full all summer.  And, even my husbands tank has been full all summer  We have had plenty to fill both our tanks and yours."  

We do not always see the results of our sowing exactly as we would like.  There are many other things that effect the results our a harvest (which I will discuss in future postings).

However, we always reap the harvest.  


Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38




Plan what you sow, if you want to specifically 

reap.  


***************************
Today's Blog is taken from "Discovered Treasure Bible Study" by Joy.  Both blogs are part of a

new website for JoyfulWorks International Ministries .

No comments:

Post a Comment