JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, April 15, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Pleasing.

Ask yourself this question, "Do I please God?"

"Of course", you may say.  "I am a good person. I go to church. I am kind to those around me."  Or, maybe you are tongue tied, never having thought of such a simplistic question.

What pleases God? 

God tells us in His Word (Hebrews 11:6), "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

 Faith pleases God.  Then, How do I get God-pleasing faith?  


Photo:  freedomscope.com
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

We get faith by hearing God's Word, not just once, but over and over again.  It goes to say, those who diligently seek him are the ones listening to His Word...hearing it over and over...getting to know Him.

Consistently nourishing ourselves with the Word of God not only pleases God, but he also says in Hebrews 11:6, "he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."










No comments:

Post a Comment