JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, April 8, 2013

Who Am I? I am Never Alone

"Why do I feel alone?  Where is God, He seems so far and distant?  I need You God, do you hear my prayers?  Did I do something wrong? Have I sinned?  Why are my prayers going unanswered?  These are just a few questions believers are tempted to entertain when they feel distant from God.

Every believer goes through this at some point in their spiritual grow process.  As we renew our minds (Romans 12:2, 2 Timothy 2:15) and begin to mature in the truth of God's Word, we come to understand that we do not live by our feelings and emotions, but by our faith. (2 Corinthians 5:7)




What do believers know as truth (our reality) in this situation?

We know God never leaves us, and never forsakes us.  (Hebrews 13:5,6)  We know "The Lord is Our Helper."




During times we feel as if we are alone, we can resist the temptation to entertain thoughts leading us in a direction contrary to God's Word by turning to truth and refusing to allow doubt to enter into our thoughts.  The devil is a deceiver, and the result of his deception enables him to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10) our spiritual growth.  We resist these thoughts (James 4:7), by turning to different thoughts...thoughts of TRUTH and LIFE, God's Word.  In this case, "God never leaves, us, and never forsakes us.  He is our Helper. We are never alone."  



No comments:

Post a Comment