JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I Am Changing.


"TEMPTATION" -  The sound of this word echoes "big and bad", scaring and intimidating people.  Upon hearing the word, "temptation" our minds may envision "smoking, drugs, sex, and the like.

Believers often relate temptation to the trials and suffering they experience.

Many say, "God is testing me," believing they must go through their circumstances to learn a lesson by God. 

Is this how He really works? 

Does God throw temptation in our path to teach us a lesson?

What is temptation?  It is defined as a desire to do something, esp. something wrong or unwise.

James 1:14 Amp. says, "But every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire (lust, passions).

If temptation is simply a desire, this puts it in a realm of "I can choose" to change (resist).  I can change my desires.

As one pastor I recently heard puts it, "Words are containers of thoughts."  Well, my desires are based on my thoughts.  They are also containers of my thoughts.  Therefore, if I change the thoughts, I can change the desires.

How do we change our thoughts?  By creating new ones.

Daily feeding on God's thoughts (His Word) renews the mind.  Renewing the mind, renews my thought life.  Renewing my thought life, renews my desires.

Romans 12:2 says it perfectly, "be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."  


No comments:

Post a Comment