JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Who Am I?  I am righteous.  

"Righteousness" is one of those words that new Christians question.  What is it?  I am a good person, am I righteous?  How do I know?

Righteousness is simply 'being without sin'.  The Greek word translated for righteous in today's reference scriptures actually means innocent or holy.

How can I be righteous?  Am I not a sinner?  Jesus, took sin upon himself on the cross, and paid the price for man's sin.  If Jesus is your Lord and Savior, according to Romans 5:17 you already have received an abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.  We have God's seal upon us, and the Holy Spirit in our hearts as a confirmation.  (2 Corinthians 1:21-22) We may have been sinners before we confessed Jesus as our Lord and Savior, but once we are born again, we are righteous, without sin.
                                                                                     Joy Neasley





No comments:

Post a Comment