JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Monday, April 8, 2013

Who Am I?  I am never alone and always have help.

Today, while reading Hebrews 13:5-6, I am thankful that we are never alone, never helpless, and always able to count on God. 

This raises a few questions in the minds of some believers.:  Why do I feel alone?  Why is it that in the midst of a difficult situation I do not see a way out?  If I am always able to count on God, why am I in the situation in the first place?

I will address these questions over the next several days.  If you have questions regarding this, send me an email with your question or in the comment section of this post.

If we do not understand we have something, we cannot access it or utilize it.  If a believer does not understand that God is with them, then they do not access what is their's, His Help.  Here in China, we have McDonald's  like you most likely do in your own country.  The McDonald's here serves coffee just as I imagine all McDonald's do.

One morning, a Pastor took his team to breakfast at McDonald's, and ordered coffee with his food.  When he finished his coffee, he got up, walked to the coffee pot on the counter, and refilled the cup with more coffee.  Sitting down, he realized a team member looked confused.

Thinking he neglected to pay, she mentioned to the Pastor that he did not pay for the coffee refill.   With a smile, he said, "Refills are free."  The team member stood up, took her cup, and went to the counter to refilled it with hot coffee.  After checking with the McDonald's attendant, she realized what her Pastor told her was true.

Coffee refills have always been available to her for free.  However, without the knowledge (John 8:32) of this benefit, she did not access or utilize the free coffee refills.  Today, she loves to get her free refills, with a smile on her face.

Hebrews 13:5,6 tells us that He will never leave us, nor forsake us.  Why?  So we can BOLDLY say, "The Lord is my Helper."  


No comments:

Post a Comment