JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, May 3, 2013

Bloomin' Garden

Miniature Zinnias and Four O'Clocks from my Garden.

 Gardening in this a foreign country is proving to be a bit of a challenge.  I did manage to locate seeds for flowers that I know from back in the USA.  (two are pictured above) The seeds were imported and at a specialty market that took several weeks to locate.  As soon as the shopkeeper saw my white face, the seed prices went sky-high.  However, I had priced them before I left on the internet, and haggled with the shopkeeper until the price came down to a reasonable amount.  Of course, the meant that I had to leave the shop, and the shopkeeper ran down the street after me and my interpreter to tell us that she would meet our price.
   


     I will post pics of the other flowers as they bloom for you.  It is just a small garden.  I wanted something to draw butterflies and birds close to our home for photography.  I do not have time to locate them.  By drawing them into the yard, I can enjoy the beauty with my breakfast outside in the tropical environment here, and take some great pics at the same time.
   
   

     To the left is a little guy that helped me plant the garden by grabbing as many of the earthworms and other creepy crawy bugs that surfaced during the cultivation stage of the garden.
   





 There have also been several little friends who have visited the garden.  Take a look at a few here.













No comments:

Post a Comment