JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Making the Choice - LIFE!

Today's DailyDevo is a testimony sent by one of this blog's readers.  I would like to share it with you. 
Photo Credit:  http://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/we-are-our-choices



 "...I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:.."  Deuteronomy 30:19






I'm a pretty happy guy. 

For years I screwed away opportunities, consistently made terrible choices, losing more of myself and eventually everything I had. Constantly on the fence about this whole "God thing." I'd do good for a month or two then would fall right back into the mess, truth be told, because that's what I wanted. As time went on, the hole got bigger, and so did the need to fill it... Until there just comes a point when life becomes numb, empty and dead. I'm not a victim. I just became the result of terrible choices that I had made years before. It was my fault, my irresponsibility. I grew up in church. I heard the Word daily. The knowledge was there. I had no excuses.

For awhile now, The Lord has been working on me, and I didn't even know it. Little things here, little things there. Shaping my life. Revealing Himself to me until there came a point when I was ready, when I had hit the bottom, when I no longer had answers and couldn't do things on my own, when I could no longer resist Him. 

Then, He did something, He gave me an experience I had been praying for. I'm not in church, I'm not around people. It's just me, and that's when his presence sort of just showed up. It's a very overwhelming atmosphere, heavy-like. He said to me, "I know what you've done, I know you're secrets. I just wanted you to know, I love you, and none of that matters." Psssh, as soon as He finished that, all composure as a man was lost, i was all tears and snot bubbles. I sought Him with all my heart, and I found Him, just like His Word says. 

In a matter of 6 months, what I've lost over years of stupid decisions, has been restored because I simply made ONE good decision, to follow Him. Not only have things been restored, but I'm better now than I ever was, and my cup is overflowing. There is now peace, stability, and I'm pretty stinking happy. I have so much to be thankful for... This is my testimony, one of resurrection, and restoration.

The best part is that it doesn't stop there. I have a purpose now, a calling to fulfill, to which He is preparing me for... and it's going to be better than I can imagine...
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment