JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Computer or Grandma?

Living on a foreign mission field comes with challenges.  Although, this challenge was a bit unforeseen.  I never thought I would be considered a computer.

My granddaughter is an amazing little thing, in my eyes.  I call her "little Ladybug".  She just turned three years old this past month.  

Little Ladybug knows her "grandma Laolao" via skype.  At my last visit with her in person, she was two weeks old.  However, we have visited on skype on a regular basis since that time.  At first her mom would hold her up to the screen and let me sing, and talk with her on skype.

After a while, Little Ladybug became quite adept at interacting with her grandma Laolao on the computer screen; watching her favorite shows, playing games, reading books, and even singing to me.   Occasionally, she did push the keys and cut her grandma Laolao off, but we did have fun.  

This past month or so, she has realized that her grandma Laolao is not a computer, but rather a real person.  She has even been pushing me to come visit.  Who can resist such a "Little Ladybugs" puckered lips and puppy dog eyes?  

Yes, Grandma Laolao is scheduling a visit in the near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment