JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Friday, May 10, 2013

Camera in Tow

Photo credit:  Joy Neasley
"Butterflies in Asia"
Usually where ever you see me, you find my camera.  I carry it everywhere I go, regardless of whether I will need it or not.

My friends find it funny because my backpack (which goes almost every with me) contains my laptop, my camera, extra camera batteries, small lights, extra SD cards, etc.  I am always prepared and ready to take a picture.


As a result I have taken some of the most amazing shots while out and about in ministry work. These shots are rarely expected, and the photographer in me, does not want to miss a one.  I am always prepared for photo opportunities.

Photo credit:  Lets Go Digital
Many people have asked why I do not use a DSLR camera.  While I would love to have one for planned photo opportunities, it would never replace my Canon G-series camera.  It is just the right size for carrying everywhere, yet still able to take great shots when I need it.  I love my old G-11.  It has really taken a beating the past several years, yet still keeps going.  It is tough to find equipment that can keep up with me and last.  This one has.  I am ready for photo ops for ministry and leisure at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment