JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Knowing, Free, and Full of Faith.

Faith begins where the will of God is known!  Meditate on this.  Stop and think about it.  Why is this statement true?  What does it mean to me?
 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
In this verse, Jesus says you will know the truth (God's Word), and it is that truth, that Word of God that will make you free.


Washing my son's clothes during his teenage years proved to be a profitable venture.  Seemingly, every week, I found money in his pockets, the washing machine, and the dryer.  I kept a little jar and collected the money found in his laundry each week. 

Trying to discourage this behavior (after it became a problem), I had announced a rule, if it is left in your clothes, Mama is keeping the money.  There were weeks his cash flow would be a                     
little low, and he would stay in rather than go out with his friends.  Many of these times, I later found cash in his clothes as they were washed them.  He had stayed home because he did not know the truth.  He had money.  All he had to do was go and pull it out of this pockets in the laundry.  However, believing that he was broke, he could not act on what he really wanted to do for the evening.

Faith begins where the will of God is known.  

You must know what you have before you can act on it.  
If God's Word says, He leads me in triumph (2 Corinthians 2:14), then He leads me in triumph.  
If God's Word says, I am redeemed, I am redeemed (Romans 3:24).  
 If I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), I am a new creature.  
I can act, by faith, on what I know as truth.  God's Word is truth in our life.  However, I can only have what I KNOW God says I can have.  Therefore, each of us must take the time to learn the Truth, and then we can become free in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment